Job DescriptionApply Now
Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst- Application Security (Remote Eligible)Job ID 1743-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
We are growing our IT Security team and are looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst – Application Security to join our Information Technology Services Team. The Senior Information Security Analyst will assist and support senior and development staff in the implementation of web and other applications of the company. This includes assisting in the installation, configuration, and procedure.
- Conducts evaluations and testing of application security in all Mathematica systems
- Supports operations of vulnerability management and remediation
- Troubleshoots escalated application security service desk tickets
- Performs incident response and the remediation or mitigation of security incidents
- When required, reviews the application vulnerability report findings with staff.
- Stays up to date on application security issues
- Creates Threat Models of web-based applications
- Develops and maintains applications that support the security monitoring of Mathematica systems
- Provide recommendations to update existing, or create new, processes and procedures to improve security testing practices
- Bachelor’s degree in information assurance, information technology, computer science, or another relevant field
- 5+ years plus of experience in the area of application security
- Expert knowledge of Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) scanners and other security tools, Burp Suite Enterprise and OWASP ZAP preferred
- Strong foundation in core information security principles and concepts (TLS, authentication, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with systems hardening, log analysis, vulnerability management, encryption, and data sanitization
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and Linux, operating systems preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages, .Net, Python preferred
- Knowledge in PowerShell preferred
- Preferred certifications: Relevant GIAC, CSSLP and/or CISSP
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $95,000 - $130,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
As a federal government contractor, all staff working in our central ITS group with access to corporate computer systems are required to successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of employment.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary requirements at time of application.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Available Locations: Remote; Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Oakland, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.