Job DescriptionApply Now
Organizational Change Management SpecialistJob ID 1532-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
Currently, we are looking for a OrganizationalChange Management Specialist to join our vibrant and growing Business Practice group within the Business Operations department in our Princeton, NJ headquarters or Washington, DC locations. This role will report to the Director of Business Practice and Change Management and focuses on the people side of change initiatives through Organizational Change Management (OCM). The Organizational Change Management Specialist supports leaders and teams throughout the company in the planning and execution of business transformation initiatives. The Change Management Specialist collaborates closely with leaders to define and communicate a clear vision for change, ensure staff engagement, align program objectives across key stakeholders, and drive successful organizational change.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Practice and Change Management, Change Management Specialist, and initiative leads to develop a change management strategy and lead change management activities for select corporate initiatives.
- Apply a structured change methodology to transformation initiatives.
- Utilize change management best practices to create support for change and business transformation with initiative teams and throughout the entire organization.
- Manage multiple priorities and utilize problem-solving skills to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Conduct change impact analyses, identify key stakeholders, and create actionable deliverables including communication plans and training programs.
- Provide direct support, guidance and coaching across functional boundaries to leadership, initiative leads, front-line managers/supervisors, and teams to drive adoption of organizational changes.
- Identify and address sources of resistance to proposed changes and design initiatives with an eye toward minimizing disruption.
- Use change management tools and methodologies to develop key performance indicators (KPIs), and measure stakeholder engagement, adoption and overall progress of changes initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to drive the growth and maturity of OCM as an established practice in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Communications or equivalent field required.
- Between 2-5 years of experience leading complex organizational change initiatives impacting multiple stakeholder groups and developing communications and training aimed at improving effectiveness and performance.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Communications or equivalent field preferred.
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP), Prosci, or equivalent certification preferred.
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills, specifically in multi-matrixed organizations with competing priorities.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. Have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude. Able to drive projects to completion and always looking for new ways that processes and resources can be improved. Think critically and strategically and see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- High level of emotional intelligence. Can harness emotional awareness and apply to problem solving and daily tasks, as well as the recognizing and empathizing with experiences of those around you.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $75,000-$90,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
All of our offices are currently closed, but we will consider candidates to work from any of the below locations (after we reopen). Within the application, you will be asked to identify your top location choice(s). When responding, please consider your future preferred location(s).
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.