Job DescriptionApply Now
Full Stack DeveloperJob ID 974-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our Technology Solutions Group (TSG) within the Human Services business unit. This position is open in our Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL; and Washington, DC offices. We are open to candidates with at least three years of experience.
In this role, you will:
- Build internal/external web applications with sleek designs and simple user experiences
- Write testable software, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Create data presentation-layers in the form of interactive dashboards and reports
- Work with project teams and end users to understand requirements for web-based products
- Conduct and participate in code reviews
- Document, maintain, and support application functionality
- Work both independently and on a team
- Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others
- Gain on-the-job training in full stack software development skills through internal courses and external coding resources like Pluralsight
- Help migrate existing applications to AWS cloud
You have experience with or interest in some of the following skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- A deep understanding of how web applications are built and work
- Proficiency in a server-side language (C#, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP)
- Experience with, or at least an interest in, developing in the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools including Docker, Fargate, Cloudformation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, SQL/NoSQL data modelling, and RESTful API standards
- Experience with modern source, build, and deploy tools: Git, Gulp, Grunt, Maven, Webpack, Jenkins, etc.
- Exposure to Drupal 8.0 or other CMS frameworks
- Professional experience and understanding of .NET / ASP.NET web frameworks
- Experience in creating wireframes for prototyping needs
Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee-owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.