Job DescriptionApply Now
Technical Assistance AssociateJob ID 1835-8
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are seeking intellectually curious individuals to join Mathematica as a Technical Assistance Associate to work in our Human Services Research unit. The Associate will contribute to a variety of research, data collection, technical assistance, and operational activities that support evidence-based decision making in areas such as health, education, early childhood, labor, family support, and nutrition.
Responsibilities include (not limited to) the following:
Technical Assistance and Helpdesk Support:
- Provide support for client officials, such as project officers, who use web-based software applications to manage and monitor their grantees’ performance
- Instruct grantees on how to use systems to manage their grants and meet reporting requirements for the funding organization
- Establish a trusted relationship with client officials and grantees as a result of providing efficient and accurate support
- Become a requested go-to agent for many lead officials, GPOs, and grantees
- Provide tailored technical assistance to users, geared towards achieving the grant program-specific reporting requirements necessary to maintain their grant funding
- Train grantees on the differences between the tools, grant types, and reporting timeframes and requirements
- Teach users how to properly administer the Questionnaire Tools and other data collection instruments
- Guide users on how and when to enter their data into the system
- Teach users how to filter and generate applicable reports to help them self-manage their grants
- Provide technical support for user identity management and access issues to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Develop and conduct group training to help educate users and reduce helpdesk requests
- Perform Quality Control audits of the other Help Desk Agent's tickets
- Train new team members on the extensive intricacies of the tools, grant types, and reporting requirements
- Help develop Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform prerelease application review and testing when requested
- Identify and provide details on application errors and make suggestions for corrections and enhancements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Academic or job-related experience in providing helpdesk support for data collection web-based software applications in health and human services fields is highly desired
- Strong organizational skills with flexibility to handle multiple tasks and work on multiple projects
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and self-directed, with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in providing helpdesk support using any helpdesk tool(s) such as Jira Service Management or Zendesk.
- Comprehend the client issues, analyze the problem and provide meaningful responses to resolve client issues.
- Provide support within the timeframe agreed upon and follow up until the issue is resolved to client satisfaction
- Desire and ability to work as part of a helpdesk team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and/or PowerPoint
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our research is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We offer Employee Resources Groups on a variety of topics, local diversity and inclusion activities in each office, and a Diversity council.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume at the time of application via our online application system. This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $50,000-$60,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.