Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior AccountantJob ID 1108
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Accountant in our Princeton, NJ office. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for a variety of accounting related tasks involving account analysis, journal entries, routine schedules and reports, including: financial statements and account reconciliations. Other responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains the monthly close schedule in a timely manner
- Assists in preparing monthly organizational financial statements and performance reports
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliation and analysis and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner
- Creates, reviews, and posts journal entries
- Preparation of accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses
- Monitors the financial statements against the budget, explaining variances and assists with updating monthly forecasts.
- Record and provide analysis of intercompany transactions
- Preparation of audit supporting documents and schedules
- Assist project teams with financial analysis
- Responds to inquiries and questions from staff and management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and at least seven years of experience in an accounting environment. A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables and V-lookups), Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong preference for understanding of Deltek Costpoint modules
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Experience working with government contractors highly preferred
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Familiarity with International accounting and mergers and acquisitions
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence in the accounting world
- Understanding of Earned Value Management and project planning
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and contact information for 3 references at the time of your application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearances a condition of working on projects. If you work on such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations:Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.