Job DescriptionApply Now
Cloud Solutions ArchitectJob ID 1130-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
We are looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to join our Technology Solutions Group (TSG) in Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; or full-time Remote within the Human Services business unit. We are open to candidates with at least seven years of experience.
In this role, you will:
- Interface with development teams and infrastructure teams to drive issue resolution.
- Recommend solutions to product and project teams for developing new functionality or applications.
- Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Coordinate and assess impact of IT changes and translate those needs into a change execution plan.
- Lead project planning and delivery tracking efforts on small to medium sized initiatives
- Demonstrate good understanding of IT Ops & DevOps principals and be able to apply Lean & Agile methodologies
- Identify common issues in systems; recommend and implement process enhancements.
- Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization. Works to advance our overall DevOps maturity.
- Continue to improve CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines to rapidly deliver software applications.
- Manage and tune an application onboarding process for cloud migration.
- Collaborate with software engineering, project management, and operations resources to support Cloud deployments and operations.
- Use automation frameworks to build automation for repetitive yet complex tasks.
- Continuously learn and evaluate emerging cloud services, methodologies, and technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7 years of professional IT experience
- Experience with product development, application delivery, application support, application architecture, change management, process improvement, project management, and DevOps
- Experience with Automation tools, preferable CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and CloudFormation
- Experience with scripting languages; Bash and Python preferred
- Database administration and performance experience, preferably with AWS RDS
- Strong security knowledge of Networks, Load Balancing, Firewall Rules, Certificates to work with IT Network Engineering
- Experience with cloud architecture best practices, preferably with AWS
- Requires strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee-owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, location preference, resume, and salary expectations. To select “Remote” as your location preference, please choose “No Preference.”
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.