Job DescriptionApply Now
Change Management Specialist (Remote Eligible)Job ID 1728-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
Currently, we are looking for a Change Management Specialistto join our vibrant and growing Business Practice group within the Business Operations department in our Princeton, NJ headquarters or Washington, DC locations, or remote. This role will report to the Director of Business Practice and Change Management and focuses on the people side of change initiatives through Organizational Change Management (OCM). The Change Manager supports leaders and teams throughout the company in the planning and execution of business transformation initiatives. The Change Manager collaborates closely with leaders to define and communicate a clear vision for change, ensure staff engagement, align program objectives across key stakeholders, and drive successful organizational change.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Practice and Change Management, other Change Management teammates, and initiative sponsors to lead change management activities. Apply a structured change methodology to transformation initiatives.
- Build change leadership and change sponsorship capabilities. Activate, align, energize and equip leaders (executive and initiative sponsors, other leaders, and managers/supervisors) to inspire and drive change.
- Build change management capabilities of staff through learning and development opportunities. Equip staff with education and resources to effectively deploy change tools and activities on projects.
- Identify and address sources of resistance to proposed changes and develop ways to minimize disruption. Provide direct support, guidance, and coaching across functional boundaries to initiative leads, front-line managers/supervisors, and teams to drive the adoption of organizational changes.
- Serve as Change Management Lead on complex strategic initiatives, apply our adaptive end-to-end change management methodology, and utilize change management best practices to support change and business transformation with initiative teams and throughout the organization.
- Plan: Formulate change management plans that identify the case for change, evaluate the effects and readiness for change, and detail the approach to achieve expected goals.
- Communicate and Educate: Create and deliver actionable communications and training programs to coach leadership and support organizational initiatives.
- Sustain: Measure progress against key performance indicators (KPIs) and drive strategies to reinforce new norms, inform feedback, and drive continual improvement. opportunities.
- May implement techniques and coordinate across all functions of Business practice, including:
- Utilizing business process management best practices to ensure process and people stay aligned.
- Enabling teams to solve complex problems and accelerate thinking through the utilization of human-centered techniques that encourage divergent and convergent thinking, co-creation, and prioritization/decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Communications or equivalent field required.
- 5 - 8 years of experience leading organizational change initiatives, developing communications and training programs aimed at improving effectiveness and performance.
- Prior experience structuring and driving a major transformation/strategic change initiative.
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP), Prosci Certification, or equivalent preferred
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills, specifically in multi-matrixed organizations with competing priorities.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. Have a proactive, positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to drive projects to completion and always looking for new ways that processes and resources can be improved.
- Can see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $95,000-$120,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Oakland, CA; Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.