Job DescriptionApply Now
Administrative ReceptionistJob ID 1736
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance .
We are seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Receptionist to join our Facilities team in our Oakland, CA office. This is a part-time (20 hours) position. The Administrative Receptionist will greet and professionally represent Mathematica to all incoming employees, guests, clients and candidates.
- Represent the Mathematica brand appropriately in creating a welcoming culture to everyone that is in the office, including employees, guests, clients and candidates. Energetically greets incoming visitors and notifies appropriate staff member of arrival of visitors.
- Provides exceptional first-day experience to new hires, including preparing for their arrivalincluding preparing their workspace, coordinating with Human Resources, ITS and Facilities.
- Provide telephone coverage operates multi-line phone system, answers calls in a timely and professional manner, provides routine information, and directs calls to appropriate persons.
- Project professionalism and exceptional customer service skills.
- Provides on-site facilities support including setting up offices, trouble-shooting issues with conference room technology and printers, ordering office supplies, and arranging for maintenance or other support.
- Provides mail services; Distributes incoming mail, posts outgoing mail, and coordinates mail services such as tracking FEDEX and other charges.
- Create Photo ID badges for new staff as needed.
- Event planning including preparing conference rooms and ordering food.
- Processes invoicesand tracks purchase orders.
- Coordinates and schedules office cleaning.
- Issue and collect Visitor Badges.
- Perform ad-hoc administrative tasks such as data entry, preparation of materials, and assisting other departments as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook skills and experience in the use of a variety of PC based software packages such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy with work, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time.
- Foresight ability to look ahead and prepare for the day/week.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers and anticipated salary range of $18-$20 an hour.
Available locations: Oakland, CA
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.