Job DescriptionApply Now
Technical Business Systems AnalystJob ID 1300-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Learn more about our benefits here. (https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance)
Mathematica is looking for a Technical Business Systems Analyst to join the Information Technology Services team in our Princeton, NJ; Washington, D.C.; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD or Chicago, IL location (working full-time remotely for the time-being). As a Technical Business Systems Analyst, you will work closely with internal project teams, technical IT staff, and external clients to develop and document business and functional requirements, as-is and to-be process flows, as well as develop and perform quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) processes. This individual will play a role in shaping their day to day responsibilities as Mathematica transforms our Enterprise Application Portfolio.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of both policy and technical knowledge, has strong problem solving skills with a drive to understand how things work, and isn’t afraid to ask questions which would promote innovation and “out of the box” thinking. An ideal candidate has a deep interest in using technology to solve problems and a passion for social research and public well-being.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
- Work with project teams to develop written business requirements and functional requirements from verbal conversations and brainstorming sessions.
- Serve as a liaison between business project teams and technical IT staff.
- Hands on query and analyzation of data, integration setup and SaaS tool configuration.
- Participate in the development of processes and systems.
- Creation of QA/QC plans and coordinating / executing QA/QC activities.
- Contribute to project management tasks (scheduling and coordination of activities)
- Bachelor’s degree with college level course work in computer sciences, finance, mathematics, statistics, or other related course work.
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis, policy and process analysis, as well as system design techniques.
- 1-5 years of experience gathering, managing, and documenting business and technical requirements.
- Ability to translate verbal communications to written requirements.
- Ability to digest policy and business rules from non-technical people and translate that to technical specifications.
- Intermediate level skills in SQL, database and system interactivity.
- Experience with Integration and messaging technologies such as SSIS, API, REST, SOAP.
- Intermediate knowledge and hands on experience with reporting platforms such as QlikView, Tableau, SSRS and Cognos.
- Ability to understand project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, timelines and change management opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline and stakeholder pressure.
- Capability to differentiate project methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM / KANBAN).
Ideal candidate possesses some of the following:
- Managing the art and intersection of User experience (UX) and change management.
- Experience with SaaS environments and configuration.
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira).
- Experience with the following applications is a plus: Deltek Suite, SuccessFactors, Qualtrics.
- Experience with Opportunity Life Cycle Management (CLM, CRM, CXM) initiatives.
- HR and Finance digital transformation experience.
- Experience as a SCRUM master.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Visit our web site at www.mathematica.org
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, D.C.; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Chicago, IL
Internal Level: P2
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.