Job DescriptionApply Now
Security AnalystJob ID 1102-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Mathematica is seeking a Security Analyst to join our growing group of experts in security and privacy compliance. This role demands a high-energy, enterprising and resourceful candidate, who enjoys solving problems, working side-by-side with colleagues and clients alike, and delivering high-quality work products.
- 3+ years of experience in information security and privacy analysis and compliance for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid delivery models.
- Federal government security experience researching, summarizing and explaining security and privacy standards, guidelines, and best practices, including NIST, FISMA, and OMB Circulars.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills. Comfortable with receiving and quickly responding to feedback during quality reviews.
- Develop and review system security authorization documentation such as security plans, risk assessments, and security control test reports, contingency plans, and responses to third-party questionnaires and audits.
- Strong organization and coordination skills to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Client-focused and task-focused in execution of job responsibilities.
- Quick learner who can quickly assimilate a comprehensive understanding of Mathematica, client and partner organizations.
- Ability to pass a public trust background investigation.
- If a foreign national, must have resided in the United Stated for three (3) of the past five (5) years.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, business or other relevant discipline. Will consider a combination of education and skills developed through progressively responsible positions in consulting, technology or security compliance roles.
- CAP, Security+ or other relevant security industry certification desirable.
- Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud security certification a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample based on recent and relevant work, and salary expectations. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies and commercial entities with which we contract require that staff successfully undergo a public trust background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.