Job DescriptionApply Now
QA AssociateJob ID 1377-4
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve social well-being. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee-owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated person to join our team as a Quality Assurance (QA) Associate in either our Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; or Washington, DC offices (working remotely for the time-being). As a QA Associate, you will play a key role on project teams, comprised of technical and non-technical staff, to work from business requirements to develop test plans and perform testing procedures. As part of the Systems and Technology department, this position requires a high degree of technical aptitude related to systems and software development and a willingness to develop technical knowledge to meet project demands.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments; is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of technical knowledge; has strong problem-solving skills with a drive to understand how things work; and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective test strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functioning teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience and skills
- 1+ year of experience as a QA Associate, tester, or SDET
- Experience with object-oriented design in Java, C++, or other modern programming languages is desired
- Experience working with Agile development is desired
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including coding standards and reviews, version control, and testing
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools for test automation is desired
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $50,000 - $65,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Available Locations:Chicago, IL; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC#LI-AR1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.