Job DescriptionApply Now
Project AssociateJob ID 1060-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Associate to work within our Enterprise Project Management Office. As a Project Associate you will be part of our Business Operations group within the Administration division. In this role you will assist in the management of projects and proposals. You will be involved with day-to-day project activities, resource and schedule management, risk management, and task prioritization. You also will work closely with the Enterprise Project Management Office to develop and implement best practices and standards.
We offer our employees a stimulating team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Project Associates will assist experienced project managers with:
- Communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Executing projects based on client priorities and project scope
- Managing resource availability and allocation
- Developing detailed project plans to track progress
- Reporting and escalating risks and issues to management as needed
- Maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Manages projects and proposals of moderate complexity, ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- 1-3 years of experience in a project management environment, preferably related to business analysis, government program operations, management consulting, or research
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a BA or BS degree in a relevant field (Business, Economics, Management, Operations, or Public Policy)
- Awareness of the project management lifecycle/PMBOK with an interest in obtaining PMP certification
- Interest in government contracting and/or management of government contracts for quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and technological innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and writing abilities
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft SharePoint
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.