Job DescriptionApply Now
Associate Director, Talent AcquisitionJob ID 1780-8
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our research is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We offer Employee Resource Groups on a variety of topics, local diversity and inclusion activities in each office, and a Employee Experience Council.
About the opportunity:
Mathematica’s Talent Acquisition team is seeking an Associate Director to oversee and participate in recruitment efforts for the company’s Health and Administration business units. The Associate Director will partner with their direct reports, Mathematica leaders, HR team members, and business-unit partners to promote Mathematica’s consultative approach to fulfilling talent goals. This person will be a “working leader” who will build and develop a team of recruiters while also managing requisitions as part of their responsibilities.
- Serve as a strategic partner with hiring managers and HRBPs to understand business and workforce needs, identify and deliver recruitment strategies, and provide meaningful updates/improvements to recruitment processes
- Lead full-cycle hiring of senior staff in Health and Administrative units, including strategy meetings, posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, extending offers, and pre-hire onboarding
- Apply equitable, consistent, and effective talent acquisition practices
- Liaise with other members of the HR team, especially Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs), to ensure a seamless candidate experience
- Foster positive relationships with larger Talent Acquisition team in creating outstanding candidate experience, efficient recruiting practices, and building a strong, diverse candidate pipeline
- Maintain excellent relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and the community to attract high quality talent
- Supervise a small group (3-4 members) of Talent Acquisition Specialists and Coordinators
- Promote team member’s professional development
- Ensure a positive experience and foster development of team members through ongoing coaching, feedback and recognition
- Partner with other Associate Directors to develop consistent processes that work effectively for business units throughout the company
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key HR Centers of Expertise (COEs), including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion HR Operations, and Learning & Talent Management
- Help develop, strengthen, and drive the overall goals of Talent Acquisition
- Effectively partner with internal leaders and the HR department to advance Talent Acquisition team goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of full-lifecycle recruitment experience, including some experience supervising recruiters/Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Demonstrated experience making strategic decisions – as well as working hands-on – to drive Talent Acquisition strategy
- At least two years of experience focused on cultivating diverse candidate pools and driving equitable recruitment practices; demonstrated success partnering with diversity organizations and schools
- Demonstrable track record with innovative sourcing methods via networking, organizations, internet, social sites, referrals, and direct recruiting
- -Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Chicago, IL; Remote
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $110,000 – $135,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.