Job DescriptionApply Now
Bilingual (Spanish) Research Project Assistant/Part time On-Call (Tucson, AZ)Job ID 1359
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public-and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
We are currently looking for Bilingual Spanish speaking staff to join our survey operations team to work on an important project. FACES is a national study of Head Start programs examining the relationship between the child, their caregiver and their parent. We are evaluating the whole expereince of the child through a variety of interactions with the child, teacher and parent. We need your help conducing interviews with the parents.
As a Bilingual Research Project Assistant, you will conduct research interviews and provide assistance with other survey related tasks. The majority of your day will be spent making interview calls. You will utilize a Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) system as you make your calls, read your assigned call scripts verbatim to ensure study consistency, and enter your responses into the system.
• Paid orientation and training
• Flexible schedules based on project needs; day, eve, and weekend hours
• Potential for health benefits and paid time off
• $16.00 to start
• Opportunity to develop skills that can be applied to a variety of professions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with all people
• Excellent computer skills—MS Office Suite and database experience preferred
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to reliability and high-quality productivity
• Ability to take direction and function as part of a team
• 1- 2 years of prior customer service, call center, research, or interviewing experience preferred
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ability to work a minimum 20 hours a week
• Willingness to undergo a low level security clearance
• An interest in speaking with a variety of people regarding a variety of topical issues
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Must be willing to agree to any COVID-19-related protocols put in place by Mathematica. These include, among others, providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination, wearing face coverings and other personal protective equipment as required, and completing a short daily health assessment. All safety supplies required for use on the project will be provided by Mathematica.
Available Location: Tucson, AZ
Join us and work on this important, national research project!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.