Job DescriptionApply Now
Field InterviewerJob ID 1343
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public-and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
We are currently recruiting field interviewers across the country to work on a number of important national studies in the areas of education, health, family support, disability, labor, and early childhood policy research. The field interviewers can be located nationwide. Field staff work with a team of survey professionals to conduct or support in-person data collection, and may assume the following roles:
- Field Interviewer—conducts in-person interviews with selected respondents using computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) or hard-copy questionnaires
- Assessor—administers standardized tests via computer-assisted programs or hard-copy questionnaires
- Locator—conducts in-person locating on elusive study participants
- Observer—records and rates observations of the school, classroom, or home environment
- Team Leader—responsible for the on-site supervision of field staff
- Competitive rates depending upon experience and the assignment
- Flexible day, evening, and weekend hours, depending upon the project
- Paid training
- Absolutely no selling
- Willingness to undergo a low level security clearance and background check
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted personal interviewing (CAPI)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous field interviewing experience is preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel is a plus
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and/or have access to reliable transportation
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Must be willing to agree to any COVID-19-related protocols put in place by Mathematica. These include, among others, providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination, wearing face coverings and other personal protective equipment as required, and completing a short daily health assessment. All safety supplies required for use on the project will be provided by Mathematica.
This position offers an anticipated hourly rate in the range of $17-$22/hr.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.