Job DescriptionApply Now
Technology Executive AssistantJob ID 1225
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are looking for a bright, energetic, and highly motivated person to join our team as a Technology Executive Assistant in our Princeton, NJ headquarters. This person will work from home for the time-being and will return to the office later. As a Technology Executive Assistant, you will support the Chief Information Officer and IT leadership in the administration of department functions, coordination of stakeholders and suppliers, and managing department budget and finances. The purpose of the role is to make Technology Leadership team work better, faster, and more effectively. You will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities. You will help support meetings, drive special projects, conduct research, manage calendars and events, and manage department reports on projects, staffing and budgets.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of technical knowledge, has strong problem-solving skills, and an interest in technology and/or data science. You will be a self-starter and highly ambitious in your pursuit of excellence.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
- Manage the CIO’s busy, and constantly changing calendars, prioritizing issues and deadlines, and following up on team requirements to ensure effective time management and mission accomplishments, following up on all issues promptly and with full attention to detail.
- Schedule and plan logistics for strategy meetings and events
- Prepare IT department meetings via business and agenda management, notes and follow-ups. When needed, participating directly in meetings and following up with the relevant parties.
- Prepare or proofread PowerPoint presentations, reports, memos for stakeholder meetings, board meetings and other communications.
- Provide leverage in moving projects forward by gathering and effectively organizing required information, communicating effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain department budget, forecasts, and invoice reconciliation
- Assist with content for leadership documents such as PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, and memos
- Maintain reports on strategic initiatives
- Maintain and follow-up on trackers for strategic risks and action plans
- Research emerging technology trends for potential industry value
- Liaise with other department associates for cross functional efforts
- HS Diploma and 5-7 years of experience in a professional or office environment, or a bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in a professional or office environment
- Coursework in computer sciences, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, or another related field is desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to translate verbal communications to written requirements
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Ability to understand project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with an executive team
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $48,000 - $85,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations at time of application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.