Job DescriptionApply Now
Pricing ManagerJob ID 1144-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Pricing Manager to join the pricing team in our Princeton, NJ or Washington, DC office. As a Pricing Manager, you will play an integral role in leading activities associated with strategic and competitive pricing and development of cost/price proposals. Your duties will include the following:
- Independently manages activities of staff who prepare budgets and business proposals and/or strategic initiatives undertaken by pricing team members
- Identifies best practices and develops procedures and automated tools to support budgeting and business proposal preparation
- Implements policies to enable continuous business process improvement
- Collaborates with other pricing managers in leading the pricing team to develop and carry out strategic initiatives
- Works with staff in the operational business units to assure that proposal directors have fully-trained pricing staff assigned to assist them with proposal and budget preparation
- Provides client-specific subject matter pricing expertise
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal and external clients and colleagues
- Independently plans and prepares large-scale budgets and business proposals
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), project terms and conditions, solicitation, or change order requirements
- Supervises and trains regular status and on-call staff
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, economics, liberal arts, or a related field
- At least seven years of experience in pricing, business proposal development, and/or project financial management
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- 2-5 years of experience successfully managing or leading teams
- Detailed knowledge and experience in federal, state and/or foundation procurement and contracting regulations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, achieve program goals, and meet team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for problem solving and solution implementation
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
Please attach your cover letter, resume, contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.