Job DescriptionApply Now
Proposal Pricing AnalystJob ID 1196-2
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Pricing Analyst to join the pricing team in our Washington, DC and Princeton, NJ office. As a Pricing Analyst, you will play an integral role in producing high quality proposals that contribute to Mathematica’s success in engaging meaningful work. Your duties will include:
Collaborating with subject matter experts to prepare proposal/project budgets involving the use of Excel formulas and functions for multiple spreadsheet models
Managing all cost volume preparation activities, compiling cost, schedule, and other required elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
Analyzing requests from federal, state, commercial, international and foundation clients for new procurements and current projects to identify contractual and cost pricing requirements, assess risk, and develop risk mitigation strategies in order to assist senior management in making informed business decisions, and provide proposal/project teams with proper guidance in determining the best course of action to respond to clients’ request
- Participating in pricing strategy sessions with company leadership and subject matter experts
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and solicitation requirements
- Interfacing with partners to obtain information necessary for the development of the business/change order proposal
- Assisting in the development/enhancement of procedures and automated tools to support continuous improvement of budgeting and business/change order proposals
- May prepare rough order of magnitude (ROM) to support bid strategies and develop price to win (PTW) strategies to ensure competitive bids
- May train and/or mentor staff on budgeting tools, policies and procedures
- Coordinate with personnel within and outside of Mathematica, such as project directors, suppliers, consultants, prime contractors, subcontractors, and contract officers regarding project related activities
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, liberal arts, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in pricing, business proposal development, and/or project management
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity of concepts, practices and procedures in working with FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts and the development of cost modeling
- Familiarity of MS Project and ProPricer is a plus
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
Please attach your cover letter, resume, contact information for three references.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $70,000-$121,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.