Job DescriptionApply Now
Manager of Corporate FacilitiesJob ID 1078
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition and related topics. We have 10 offices across the nation including Princeton NJ, Washington DC, Cambridge MA, Ann Arbor MI, Chicago IL, and Oakland CA and over 400,000 sq. feet of leased space. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
Currently, we are looking for a Manager of Corporate Facilities in our Princeton, NJ headquarters. The Manager of Corporate Facilities will provide operational support in real estate and facilities operations, construction and vendor/contract negotiation and building management services. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
The qualified applicant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Tour building regularly to maintain facility standards. Oversee and be responsible for the physical condition of all facilities at 600 Alexander Park and the operation and use of all common areas.
- Receive and evaluate ServiceNow Work Order Requests and coordinate facilities work with staff, building manager or contractors. Follow up and confirm completion on all workorders.
- Manage assigned capital projects activities, contractors, and scopes of work
- Proficiency in commercial building HVAC and electrical systems operations and troubleshooting. Schedule and oversee service vendors. Be able to respond to 24/7 emergencies.
- Response and follow up with building manager concerning all building temperature issues
- Receive and evaluate requests and coordinate janitorial requirements with janitorial supervisor and/or building management
- Plan and manage internal moves including space preparation, furniture installation and moving vendor services
- Maintain and update space allocation database. Prepare monthly reports for supervisor.
- Facilities liaison for security issues and security audits
- Assist with the development of Facilities Department policies and procedures
- Request purchasing services from the Procurement Department. Confirm that purchase orders are in place and that contracted work, services or assets have been completed or received and invoices have been received.
- Manage conference center operations, including AV and telecom equipment and systems, rooms set-ups and all associated services
- Provide ergonomic assessment evaluations for office staff. Certification required (Will provide training).
- Manage key system for furniture & fixture and building security. Oversee creation and distribution of building access cards. Issue monthly access card activity report.
- Supervises other office services facilities staff, including mailroom and front desk
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Ten years of experience working in a similar environment or as an Office Facility Manager with comparable knowledge
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- Able to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work assignments
- Demonstrate independent initiative and sound judgment when executing vaguely defined tasks
- Able to motivate staff to follow tasks through to completion
- Present ideas effectively in writing and orally
- Deal with conflict and resolve problems effectively
- Deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Able to meet deadlines
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Versatile and flexible in approach to management and the performance of any projects assigned
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Able to work Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and be available for occasional early start or late night assignments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.