Job DescriptionApply Now
IT Project ManagerJob ID 1122
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Project Manager to work within our Enterprise Project Management Office within the Business Operations unit. In this role you will work closely with senior project managers, project sponsors and stakeholders to understand business requirements, assess project risks, priorities, allocation of resources and will closely monitor the execution of detailed project plans.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Plans and executes project based of project scope and objectives
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Reports and escalates to management as needed
- Manages the relationship with the project team and all stakeholders
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in high intensity project management environment
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree preferably in the computer science or, engineering field
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and other technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of the project management lifecycle/PMBOK
- Understanding of Agile Project Management and DevOps principles
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, or Project Online
- PMP Certification preferred
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.