Job DescriptionApply Now
Data Security AnalystJob ID 1103-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Mathematica is seeking a Data Security Analyst to join our growing group of experts in data governance, security, and compliance. This role demands a high-energy, enterprising and resourceful candidate, who has hands-on experience in data classification and tagging, data loss prevention and privacy in cloud and on-prem environments.
The ideal candidate is an:
- Expert in building data security classification into systems and processes for sensitive and regulated data, including data subject to HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR and other privacy and security regulations
- Quick learner who can quickly assimilate a comprehensive understanding of Mathematica, client and partner data operations and organizations
- Shrewd facilitator and influencer for data collection, access, management and disposition policies, processes and procedures based on client, partner and Mathematica requirements
- Collaborator with legal and data compliance colleagues to design tactical data tagging and data flows that enable analysis and enforcement of data privacy
- Collegial team member who is comfortable working with data architects and scientists to architect data pipelines and warehouses to meet client- and project-specific analytical and decision- making needs
- Strong communicator comfortable writing, presenting, discussing and socializing data security, privacy and lifecycle topics with novice and experienced colleagues alike
- Mentor who enjoys sharing and promoting knowledge about securing data pipelines, techniques and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, MIS, Software Engineering, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing data strategies such as architecting, securing and tagging in an enterprise setting
- Knowledgeable about challenges and solutions inherent in working with large, unstructured data sets containing protected data
- Hands-on experience implementing and documenting security programs based on FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA or other data regulations
- Health industry experience with organizations such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, State Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Programs, Departments of Health or provider and payor organizations
- Strong foundation in AWS native data lifecycle and pipeline solutions, relational and non-relational databases and data integration tools (such as Talend), and related/complementary open-source software platforms and languages (e.g. Angular, Java, Linux, Apache, Python)
- Qualified in agile systems development to promote quick wins in meeting data governance goals
- Display deep seated sense of urgency and self-accountability in a matrixed, fast-paced, deadline driven organization
- Holds certifications such as CISSP, CISM, IAPP. AWS certification a plus
- Security and privacy consulting experience (Big Four, federal or state government contractor, vendor implementation service team, other regulated industry etc.)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample based on recent and relevant work, and salary expectations. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies and commercial entities with which we contract require that staff successfully undergo a public trust background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.