Job DescriptionApply Now
Data Analytics AssociateJob ID 1211-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We currently have openings for Data Analytics Associate in the Human Services business unit. As a Data Analytics Associate, you will be part of our research team in either our Princeton, NJ, Chicago, IL, Oakland, CA, or Washington, DC office locations but would work remotely to start due to the pandemic. We offer employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and in some locations an on-site fitness center.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
We are seeking Data Analytics Associates to perform tasks in the following areas:
Programming and data management:
- Write code in Stata, R, or SAS to extract, transform, and clean data and construct variables for analysis
- Conduct exploratory data analyses and diagnostics and communicate findings and recommendations to the research team
- Perform descriptive and inferential analysis of data
- Prepare tables, graphs and other data visualizations to present results
- Assist with data management and analysis of federal, state, and local information systems
- Perform software quality assurance and testing, including the development of testing tools using a variety of technologies including Microsoft Office, SQL, C#, Python, R, and SAS among others
- Assist in the definition, specification, and documentation of data and security requirements
Research and project management:
- Assist with literature reviews, proposal and report writing
- Conduct site visits and/or interviews with organizations and study participants
- Track financial progress of projects and prepare monthly project assessment memos
Strong educational background and a B.A./B.S. in relevant field (economics, public policy, data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or another relevant field)
0 - 2 years of programming experience in a work or academic environment using Stata, R, Python, SAS or a similar language Demonstrated interest in programming, data analysis, data management, and/or program operations through relevant job or academic experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable), salary expectations, location preference, and code sample (preferably in Stata, R, Python, or SAS).
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $45,000 - $87,000- This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Oakland, CA; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.