Job DescriptionApply Now
Data Analytics Associate- Remote Eligible (Human Services Division)Job ID 1672-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our research is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We offer Employee Resources Groups on a variety of topics, local diversity and inclusion activities in each office, and a Diversity council.
We currently have openings for Data Analytics Associates in the Human Services business unit. We are seeking Data Analytics Associates to perform tasks in the following areas:
Programming and data management:
- Write code in Stata, R, or SAS to extract, transform, and clean data and construct variables for analysis
- Conduct exploratory data analyses and diagnostics and communicate findings and recommendations to the research team
- Perform descriptive and inferential analysis of data
- Prepare tables, graphs and other data visualizations to present results
- Assist with data management and analysis of federal, state, and local information systems
- Perform software quality assurance and testing, including the development of testing tools using a variety of technologies including Microsoft Office, SQL, Python, R, and SAS among others
- Assist in the definition, specification, and documentation of data and security requirements
Research and project management:
- Assist with literature reviews, proposal and report writing
- Conduct site visits and/or interviews with organizations and study participants
- Track financial progress of projects and prepare monthly project assessment memos
- Strong educational background and a B.A./B.S. in relevant field (economics, public policy, data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or another relevant field)
- 0-2 years of programming experience in a work or academic environment using Stata, R, Python, SAS or a similar language Demonstrated interest in programming, data analysis, data management, and/or program operations through relevant job or academic experience
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $55,000- $70,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, location preference, and code sample- preferably in Stata, R, SAS, or Python. If you include a GitHub, please call out the specific samples you want to highlight. If you do not have code available in these preferred languages, please send a code sample in an alternate language.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.