Job DescriptionApply Now
Cyber Security AnalystJob ID 1143
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Mathematica is looking for a Cyber Security Analystto join our IT infrastructure security team in our Princeton, NJoffice. The Cyber Security Analyst will assist and support senior staff in the implementation and administration of information security systems. This includes assisting in the installation, configuration, and procedures.
- Conducts evaluations and testing of security in IT systems
- Supports operations of vulnerability management and remediation
- Troubleshoots escalated security and networking service desk tickets
- Performs incident response and the remediation or mitigation of security incidents
- Assists administration and maintenance of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and other security platforms
- Conducts risk assessment and risk mitigation planning activities
- Keep up-to-date with current security vulnerabilities and patch releases relevant to our IT systems and make appropriate recommendations to senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in information assurance, information technology, computer science, or similar, relevant field
- Up to five years of experience in the area of IT systems security
- Knowledge of systems security, security standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Knowledge of systems hardening, log analysis, vulnerability management, encryption, and data sanitization
- Knowledge of network fundamentals such as TCP/IP and other core internet protocols preferred
- Knowledge of SIEM including building advanced queries, visualizations, dashboards, and alerts preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Windows, Linux, and Network operating systems preferred
- Working knowledge of security tools such as Nessus, Nmap, tcpdump, Wireshark preferred
- Knowledge in scripting language (PowerShell, Python, etc.) preferred
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Relevant GIAC and/or CISSP certification
- Cisco CyberOps Associate
- Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CySA+) certification
- Linux+ certification
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
As a federal government contractor, all staff working in our central ITS group with access to corporate computer systems are required to successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of employment.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements at time of application. Visit our website at www.mathematica.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.