Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Management AssociateJob ID 2023-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
We are seeking a Business Management Associate to join the Strategic Business Development team. As a Business Management Associate, you will work closely with senior staff to identify new business opportunities and track them throughout the business development lifecycle, maintain the integrity of the company’s opportunity and proposal data, perform market and competitor research, and guide colleagues through internal business processes as we bid and acquire new work.
- Review external business development resources to identify and disseminate new business opportunities.
- Monitor and update information related to Mathematica's active business development pipeline in the company’s opportunity and proposal databases.
- Disseminate contractual and procurement-related information between Mathematica staff and clients.
- Build relationships and work closely with business development leaders to manage pipeline of opportunities, portfolio, and general support.
- Assist with various business development, business intelligence gathering, and data analysis tasks, including market and competitor research.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on business development metrics.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to reconcile award and backlog data.
- Participate in special departmental projects and organizational initiatives.
- Actively support the advancement of organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, and apply diversity, equity, and inclusion lens across job responsibilities
• Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
• Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
• Ability to work with senior management in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
• Flexibility to work overtime, as needed
• Willingness to take on challenges, learn new subject matter, and think creatively about how to expand role and responsibilities
• Understanding of the federal government contracting environment and lifecycle
• Proficiency with information resources including SAM.gov, USASpending.gov, and third-party research services focused on the Federal, State and Local government marketplace.
• Understanding of Mathematica’s service offerings and functional capabilities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume/cv.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $50,000 to $60,000.
This position is available for remote work. Candidates can also work hybrid from one of our locations listed below.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Remote
STAFFING AGENCIES AND THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Mathematica is not accepting candidates for this role or any technical role from staffing agencies or third party recruiters. Please do not contact technical or senior staff at Mathematica or share unsolicited resumes. All agency inquiries go through the talent acquisition team and will be routed accordingly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check. Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance. Additionally, if you participate in/complete the application process and are denied, Mathematica may choose to terminate your employment.
Although Mathematica does not require vaccination from COVID-19 as a condition of employment, various projects or agencies may require documentation of vaccination (or an approved exception/accommodation).
We take pride in our employees and in their commitment to excellence. We encourage staff to collaborate in developing creative solutions to difficult problems and to share the responsibility and enjoyment of carrying out complex projects. This collegial spirit has helped us earn our reputation for innovative and high quality work.
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our work is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices—including decisions regarding recruitment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity.