Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Analysis AssociateJob ID 1059-1
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a bright, energetic, and highly motivated person to join our team as a Business Analysis Associate in either our Chicago, IL or Princeton, NJ offices. As a Business Analysis Associate you will work closely with internal project teams and technical staff to develop and document business requirements, as well as develop and perform testing procedures.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of technical knowledge, has strong problem solving skills with a drive to understand how things work, and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and technical staff.
- Work with project teams to develop written business requirements from verbal conversations.
- Assist with development of processes and systems.
- Assist with project management tasks (scheduling and coordination of activities).
- Assist in creating test plans and coordinating testing activities.
- Assemble and documents all test results.
- Bachelor’s degree with college level course work in computer sciences, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, or other related course work.
- Basic grasp of data analysis, survey development, or system design techniques.
- 1-3 years of experience gathering, managing, and documenting project requirements.
- Ability to translate verbal communications to written requirements.
- Ability to understand project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Web design and user experience (UX) is a plus.
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center). Visit our web site at www.mathematica-mpr.com
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preferences, and salary requirements at time of application.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.