Job DescriptionApply Now
Billing Coordinator (Remote Eligible)Job ID 2085
Mathematica currently has an opening for a Billing Coordinator! We are searching for a Billing Coordinator to assist in the completion of all facets of the billing and collection function, including the preparation of invoices and outstanding receivables.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Prepare and reconcile monthly invoices for federal government and private clients in accordance with contract requirements
- Prepare annual invoices for Indirect Cost Rate Variances
- Reconcile the Unbilled Receivables balances
- Update and prepare a schedule of all projects needing final invoices
- Prepare routine schedules and reports including, but not limited to; journal entries, year-end supporting audit schedules
- Review and reconcile accounting reports and records to original source documents and related supporting material
- Answer inquiries and investigate questions from internal project teams and clients
- Manage accounts receivable aging and follow-up with clients to ensure payment in a timely manner
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of one year’s experience working within a business environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Delta Costpoint preferred
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Experience in job-costing and/or basic project accounting environment preferred
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Remote
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $45,000-$52,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based
on company and individual performance.
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Mathematica, we understand the importance of building relationships with colleagues. If you’re not located near one of our offices but would like opportunities to meet up with co-workers, we offer coworking spaces where available. Ask your Talent Acquisition partner for more information about this opportunity and whether it’s an option in your area.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check. Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance. Additionally, if you participate in/complete the application process and are denied, Mathematica may choose to terminate your employment.
Although Mathematica does not require vaccination from COVID-19 as a condition of employment, various projects or agencies may require documentation of vaccination (or an approved exception/accommodation).
We take pride in our employees and in their commitment to excellence. We encourage staff to collaborate in developing creative solutions to difficult problems and to share the responsibility and enjoyment of carrying out complex projects. This collegial spirit has helped us earn our reputation for innovative and high quality work.
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our work is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices—including decisions regarding recruitment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity.