Job DescriptionApply Now
Delivery System Transformation LeadJob ID 1101-4
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Mathematica seeks a professional with experience providing technical assistance to health care providers (health systems, hospitals, and/or physician practices) and state agencies in efforts to transform the delivery of health care under value-based purchasing. As a delivery system and improvement lead, you would join our staff of over 400 health policy professionals with substantive experience in public policy, behavioral and social sciences, clinical care, economics, public health, and administration.
- Lead project task areas and task teams in conducting quality improvement, technical assistance and peer-to-peer learning activities among clinicians, patients, health care systems, and payers
- Facilitating webinars and various forms of group meetings with providers and other stakeholders designed to identify cutting edge strategies for transform care delivery
- Assisting individual providers or provider organizations with quality improvement efforts, performance measure reporting activities, quality improvement performance data review and initiatives to better coordinate care and deliver outcomes
- Authoring technical assistance tools, issue briefs, actionable case studies, implementation guides, and webinar presentations and other materials designed to facilitate delivery system transformation
- Leading site visits or telephone interviews with providers to assess technical assistance and learning system needs
- Conducting targeted qualitative or quantitative data analyses to inform or support transformation efforts
- Collaborating with federal, state and other clients, and stakeholders in developing quality improvement strategies, learning collaborative curricula, and/or technical assistance plans
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, public health, business, economics, clinical disciplines or a related field, or equivalent experience in a health care management or clinical care environment
- At least five years of work experience in health care consulting, quality improvement, and/or provider technical assistance, or in equivalent management or clinical positions within a health care delivery system
- Direct experience teaching and utilizing health care clinical quality techniques such as Lean-Six Sigma, Model for Improvement and PDSA cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to provide task leadership and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams
- Experience providing technical assistance for Medicaid and Medicare programs
- Ability to think critically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a preference for fast-paced projects
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
- Ability to facilitate large group discussions with providers and other stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Understanding of federal and state health policies, especially in the areas of value based purchasing, is desirable
Please attach your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance before working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.