Job DescriptionApply Now
Systems Analyst SupervisorJob ID 1158-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst Supervisor to join our team in Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; and/or our Chicago, IL offices. As an engineer, you will apply modern software development techniques to your projects and build creative solutions for Mathematica and our clients, and will help lead additional modernization and migration to AWS. As a supervisor, you will oversee a team of software engineers. This is a business-facing role in addition to a technical one. You will apply your experience in drawing out requirements from business users and anticipating additional requirements to define technology solutions to business problems.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as task leader on systems and technology related tasks
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including planning, requirements, development, testing, quality assurance, and deployment
- Serve as a technology consultant for client projects by identifying technology solutions and options to meet client needs, in support of our Human Services projects
- Foster a culture of strong delivery performance for the technology team, ensuring high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Participate in recruiting and conduct onboarding activities with new staff
- Contribute to staffing decisions for proposals and projects
- Supervise staff, including mentoring, career development, and assessing performance
- Plan for the systems and technology group
- At least five years of experience with a variety of computer operating environments, programming languages, frameworks and databases.
- Experience writing program specifications, process flow diagrams, and systems documentation
- Strong communication skills working with business users to draw our requirements, anticipate additional requirements, and define a technical solution to a business problem
- Demonstrated aptitude for mentoring and supporting the development of others
- Demonstrated aptitude for leading collaborative, team-based approaches that integrate diverse views
Experience with any of these skills is a plus:
- MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, Node.js)
- Modern development practices including Agile, DevSecOps, and Automated Testing
- Legacy modernization efforts
- Developing/migrating on-premise applications to AWS
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations at time of application.
Our offices are located in the following cities and states, although we are all currently working from home and provide the support and flexibility for all staff to work from home.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.