Job DescriptionApply Now
Talent Acquisition SpecialistJob ID 1603-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our research is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We offer Employee Resources Groups on a variety of topics, local diversity and inclusion activities in each office, and a Diversity council.
About the opportunity:
Mathematica is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing team. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will play an important role in Mathematica’s success by attracting a diverse group of top talent, providing an engaging recruitment experience for candidates, and advancing organizational effectiveness through best practice-driven full-lifecycle recruitment.
Although the Talent Acquisition Specialist can expect to work across research areas and business units, we are particularly interested in candidates who have experience leading full-lifecycle recruitment in health policy or health care research, clinical/health care environments, health-focused academic institutions, or other health-related fields. This role’s primary focus will be to attract and hire recent Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD graduates who will be hired as research associates, analysts, or researchers and will contribute to Mathematica’s policy research, evaluation, technical assistance, and professional services.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will:
- Work on the complete end-to-end recruitment process with Hiring Managers, HR Centers of Excellence, and other stakeholders
- Communicate closely with hiring managers in Mathematica’s Health research area, as well as in Human Services and/or International Research areas as needed
- In a collegial manner, develop and promote ideas for process improvements for more equitable, streamlined, and scalable Talent Acquisition practices
- Work closely with the Director and Associate Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure consistent, equitable, and efficient talent acquisition practices
- Partner with the Sr. Manager of University Relations and Diversity Recruitment to help promote and engage a diverse group of both recent and experienced graduates
- Operate with discretion, trust, and integrity in a complex, high-profile, and rapidly changing environment
- Perform in depth sourcing of passive candidates by using creative forms of online search (Boolean, social networking, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Maintain accountability for a positive candidate experience by ensuring that sourcing, recruiting, reference checks, offer, onboarding, and communication processes run smoothly and in an equitable manner
- Work with Compensation team and unit leadership to develop offer packages; extend offers to candidates
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered
- At least two years of full life-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in Health-centric environments such as health policy or health care research, clinical/health care environments, and/or health-focused academic institutions. (Strong understanding of health care, health research, or related fields would be a plus.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills, including consistent, clear, and timely communication with hiring managers and candidates
- Appreciation for, and deep understanding of, the connection between equitable Talent Acquisition practices and developing a diverse candidate pool
- A strong understanding of employment laws and OFCCP compliance
Preferred experiences and skills:
- Working knowledge of corporate recruiting for government contractor
- Experience working for a consulting or professional services firms
- Experience maintaining compliant and up-to-date records in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Proactive problem solver who is constantly learning
- Experience working well with regionally dispersed teams as well as have the ability to work independently
- Ability to easily shift recruitment direction and priorities based on the ever-changing critical business needs
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote
We welcome applications from candidates who wish to work remotely/virtually full-time.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers an anticipated base salary of $60,000 - $90,000 annually. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.