Job DescriptionApply Now
Sr. Executive AssistantJob ID 1971-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We currently have an opening for Sr. Executive Assistant to support our Sr. VP/General Manager- International unit (based on west coast) and Sr. VP/ Chief Growth Officer (based on east coast). This position will assist the two Sr. VP’s, handling day-to-day functions by performing administrative duties and managing the schedules and communications of these two key company executives. Their duties include prioritizing emails and phone calls, gathering documents to prepare for meetings, and coordinating travel arrangements.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare, coordinate, and manage the flow of communication to and from the Executive.
- Schedule, organize, coordinate, and may attend, executive and management meetings, as well as board meetings, board retreats, and the annual stockholders meeting.
- Organize the Executive’s calendar and travel, in addition to maintaining the corporate calendar.
- Receive visitors (as appropriate in a remote context), answer telephones, and review inquiries involving high-level contacts within and outside the company
- Provide support to Executives in planning and preparing for both internal and external events and meetings.
- Interact daily with senior corporate executives and employees, assisting them when needed.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment in determining information to be referred to the Executive or other employees.
- Handles routine administrative matters on own initiative.
- Utilizing administrative systems to export data into Excel to prepare and manipulate financial and staff utilization data into reports.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an administrative assistant to an executive.
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirement(s)
- Experience supporting multiple executives simultaneously
We take pride in our employees and in their commitment to excellence. We encourage staff to collaborate in developing creative solutions to difficult problems and to share the responsibility and enjoyment of carrying out complex projects. This collegial spirit has helped us earn our reputation for innovative and high-quality work. As a winner of the "Excellence in Diversity Award," we know that building an inclusive culture based on the diverse strengths of employees from different backgrounds is key to our success.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via our online application system.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $60,000-$85,000.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.