Job DescriptionApply Now
Project AssociateJob ID 1610-3
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Associate to work within our Enterprise Project Management Office. As a Project Associate you will be part of our Business Operations group within the Administration division. In this role you will assist in the management of projects and proposals. You will be involved with day-to-day project activities, resource and schedule management, cost and budget management, risk mitigation, and coordination. You also will work within the Enterprise Project Management Office to develop and implement Project Management best practices and standards.
Project Associates will:
- Communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Execute projects based on client priorities and project scope
- Manage resource availability and allocation
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and keep within budget
- Conduct routine cost analyses and mitigate financial risk
- Report and escalate risks and issues to management as needed
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage projects of low to moderate complexity, ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Assist the Enterprise Project Management Office with administrative and operational duties
- 1-3 years of experience in a project management environment, preferably related to business analysis, government program operations, management consulting, or research
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field (Business, Economics, Management, Operations, or Public Policy)
- Awareness of the project management lifecycle/PMBOK with an interest in obtaining PMP certification
- Interest in government contracting and/or management of government contracts for quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and technological innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and writing abilities
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Project, and Microsoft SharePoint experience preferred
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $50,000-$60,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
All of our offices are currently closed, but we will consider candidates to work from any of the below locations, including the option to work remotely at another location within the U.S. Within the application, you will be asked to identify your top location choice(s). When responding, please consider your future preferred location(s).
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor; MI, Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.