Job DescriptionApply Now
Pricing AnalystJob ID 1842-4
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Pricing Analyst to join the pricing team in one of Mathematica’s office locations. As a Pricing Analyst, you will play an integral role in providing critical guidance to project teams concerning contract modifications, preparing budgets, and producing high quality proposals that contribute to Mathematica’s success in continuing to engage meaningful work on current projects. Your duties will include:
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to prepare project budgets involving the use of Excel formulas and functions for multiple spreadsheet models as well as use of MS Project
- Managing all cost volume preparation activities, compiling cost, schedule, and other required elements in accordance with client’s revised work specifications and requests for current projects
- Analyzing client contract modification requests to identify contractual and cost pricing requirements, assess risk, and develop risk mitigation strategies in order to assist senior management in making informed business decisions, and provide project teams with proper guidance in determining the best course of action to respond to clients’ request
- Participating in pricing strategy sessions with company leadership and subject matter experts
- Coordinating with personnel within and outside of Mathematica, such as project directors, suppliers, consultants, prime contractors, subcontractors, and contract officers regarding project related activities
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contract terms and conditions, revised statement of work, or change order requirements
- Interfacing with partners to obtain information necessary for the development of the change order proposals
- Assisting in the development/enhancement of procedures and automated tools to support continuous improvement of budgeting and change order proposals
- May prepare rough order of magnitude (ROM) to support bid strategies and develop price to win (PTW) strategies to ensure competitive bids
- May train and/or mentor staff on budgeting tools, policies and procedures
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, liberal arts, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in pricing and change order proposal development, and project management in the same industry
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with concepts, practices and procedures in working with FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts and the development of cost modeling
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Proactive, collaborative, and can-do attitude
- Familiarity of MS Project and ProPricer
Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers and anticipated annual base salary range of $70,000 - $90,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Remote
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.